Two years ago today, I saw Mama Mia in the theater (for the second time that month). I was 39 weeks, 5 days pregnant with baby number three who had a gender, but we didn't know it, thus baby number three also had no name. Mitch was convinced baby 3 would come the weekend prior, on our wedding anniversary, but anniversary number 11 came and went and baby stayed put.Two years ago tonight, I went into labor. I managed increasingly painful contractions while my dear hubby slept peacefully. He hadn't been sleeping so peacefully in recent weeks - I think for fear he'd have to deliver baby 3 on his own. So I let him sleep. And sleep. And sleep some more until I knew he'd be angry if I waited any longer to wake him up and let him know it was time to roll. We arrived in Snellville with a little time to spare - no traffic in the middle of the night and baby 3 arrived at 3:56am - all 9lbs 5.3oz of HIM! Another baby boy - my three sons - the newest one, nameless for a time. But now he looks at pictures of himself or in the mirror and shouts: MERRITT
No comments:
Post a Comment