Monday, June 02, 2008

All Must Be Well

Apparently, the doctors at my OB practice don't know this hymn, or choose not to practice medicine this way. If you're pregnant, something must be wrong at some point during those 40 long weeks. With Mason, we had an extra ultrasound or two towards the end and some extra appointments, but honestly, I was working for the state in a very cushy work from home job and I had state insurance that covered everything. With Miles Avery, we had changed insurance companies and things weren't so great - coverage-wise, so we tried to make aware, advised choices when the drs started ordering lots of tests towards the end. And now, with Baby MAG 3, we're entering into familiar territory - we're 28 weeks and the requests for tests have started, but this time - I'm declining. I am very excited about this baby and it's arrival into our family, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my boys' summer and our checkbook to surrender to the litany of tests before us (weekly urine, weight, blood pressure checks, every other week dr visits and ultrasounds). I feel good, the baby is moving and I'll be back at the dr's office in a month!


Now that you've suffered through that with me, here's some of our latest soccer pictures:

Mitch's Raised Bed Garden

No comments: